View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 05:57 AM   #1571
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
We drove out orcs from the great gate and guard... We have taken the twenty-first hall of North to dwell in...Balin has taken up his seat in the Chamber of Mazarbul...Balin is now Lord of Moria...Oin to seek for the upper armouries of Third Deep...westwards to Hollin gate - From East to West (the actualy direction!) many a success
Ha! That's pretty cool observation. I never noticed that it actually runs in that direction. Interesting! (Well, of course, obviously that's the direction in which the Dwarves were moving, but such an analysis of this particular piece of writing shows how even the text's structure is exactly that way, something one does not necessarily think of normally.)

In any case, the most memorable riddles are the ones that are difficult and take some time to decipher, but not to the point that one becomes desperate and practically unable to answer So I would say this was one of the pretty good ones.

All right, so... I'll try to think of something... shortly!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote