View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 03:55 PM   #2
Findegil
King's Writer

Findegil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
To every thing I do not comment on, I agree.

BR-01: Correct, it is the Quenta.

BR-02: As fare as I could find, both names ‘Little Gelion’ and ‘Greater Gelion’ are only used in this chapter. ‘Little Gelion’ twice, ‘Greater Gelion’ only here. So I think it is safe to skip using the names and addresses them by the term ‘smaller tributery of Duin Daer’ and ‘greater tributary of Duin Daer’.

BR-EX-25: I agree to this addition, even so it is from an older source.

BR-03: I agree that we have to change it, but ‘unleashed’ is nice but too risky. The Orks were seen in Beleriand before, so they were not leashed. What about ‘sent out’?

BR-04: Yes, Orodreth is the son of Angrod. I agree to the change.

BR-05: The battle before which the Orcs came through Maglor’s Gap was the Dagor Aglareb, the Third Battle.

BR-EX-17.5: I agree to the change, but the editing is somewhat defective. Within the brackets you end with full stopp, but then the sentence from before the brackets continues. I don’t think that is gramatically fully correct. I would change it thus:
Quote:
BR-EX-17.5 <Moved from later Maeglin Map Note insertion Beyond the {Ford}river Aros was an entirely uninhabited region between the mountains {north [? Read} in the north,{]} and Esgalduin and Aros and Doriath: not even birds came there. It was thus called Dor {Dhinen}[Dínen] the 'Silent Land'.> But if one fared that way he came eastward across Esgalduin and Aros {(and Dor Dinen the silent land between)} to the North Marches of Beleriand, where the sons of Fëanor dwelt.
Respectfully
Findegil
Findegil is offline   Reply With Quote