View Single Post
Old 07-01-2005, 03:33 PM   #67
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril

Helloo again...

Just two quick pointers before I skidaddle for the weekend again - sorry...

En la sujet de la title... I actually do much prefer Farewell to the Elvensmiths. It just has an air of melancholia that seems to be a running them through elven history; and the aura of wistful sadness balances out the 'fair share of blood and gore', as Child so put it.

Secondly, about Durelin's dilemma over the first post and starting point: I see your point, Pio, this could be extended into two games, cherish the thought, but I don't think that necessarily limits where the game could start - after all, wouldn't want to waste a good ol' fashioned forging scene if the second game wasn't to materialise, right? You're right, we should probably have addressed this beforehand, but no matter at all. Personally, I would favour, in a way to start with the 1590s and the forging, but with one pointer: just have a single introductory post. A scene setting, so to speak. A show of the importance of this most vital event around which the entire game, all it's events and every character's fate will hinge. Basically a little hefty on the importance side However, I would then skip immediately to around 1693 and get the first posts in there. So as far as first posts are concerned, the 1690s are the starting point for the game, but for the very, very first post, the forging in the 1590s would be highly preferable in my opinion.

Just my two pence (what ho, old chap) to add to the pile.

-Aman