View Single Post
Old 06-30-2003, 12:43 PM   #47
Elentári
Wight

Elentári has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

being a leggie lover, i can hardly comment fairly on him, but he did have a few odd lines in TTT...and isnt the way he pronounces 'aragorn' hilarious?
i was a bit annoyed by aragorn's uncertainty, even more so now there are those RotK pics, and there is one of Legolas comforting Aragorn and saying he 'has not failed on the quest of the Paths of the Dead' (cant remember exact phrasing)...and i was thinking wot the hell? those ppl, excepting leggy (wahoo!), were only on that path cos of their love for the noble and kingly aragorn.
i though bilbo was excellent, especially that bit where he comes over really old after grabbing at the ring at rivendell.
i cant remember merry and pippin from the books, but pippin was rather obviously the comic relief which i didnt remember quite to the same extent from the books.
i loved eowyn. she made it so much clearer for me, i could really relate to her. arwen frankly was annyoing. i thought galadriel was excellent in the scene with her mirror.
umm....boromir was v good, i agree. gimli was hilarious. faramir? ARGH!!!!!!!!! i couldnt concentrate on the rest of the film cos i was so annoyed with him. on another forum someone was like 'i preferred it like this cos it made him more like boromir'....argh again! that was the exact point- faramir is NOT like his brother!!!!!
elrond was funny...but then i guess it would be hard to pull off a character like that.