View Single Post
Old 07-01-2003, 02:23 PM   #57
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dûm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Sting

The characters I had the biggest problems with were Haldir, Faramir, Treebeard, Arwen, and Nob (yes, Nob!).

Haldir: He was way too ticked off for anyone's good. Good thing he wasn't the Hulk, or Lothlorien would have been smashed to a pulp a long time ago. Also, in the theatrical version, he says, "You have entered the realm of the Lady of the Wood. You cannot go back." Then in the Extended Version he says, "You bring great evil here.... you can go no further." Will he make up his mind?

Faramir: One question. What ever happened to not touching the Ring if he found it on the highway? I am seriously going to write to Peter Jackson and ask why he changed Faramir from the noble son of the Steward to a hostage-taking jerk.

Treebeard: Need I explain?

Arwen: She cheated poor Glorfindel out of yet another movie. First 'twas Legolas, then Arwen. I feel bad for Glorfindel now. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Nob: This is literally my favorite not-quite-as-important Hobbit character in the whole book, and they couldn't even show him running around in the background giving customers drinks...

Oh, and Happy Wightness to me! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ July 01, 2003: Message edited by: peonydeepdelver ]
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote