View Single Post
Old 07-02-2003, 01:47 AM   #60
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Posted by King_Elendil

Quote:
Elijah Wood as Frodo: Even though he is often seen as a frightened pretty boy and not an older Frodo, Wood captures the childlike Hobbit innocence of Frodo. Sure he seems afraid, but Frodo hasn't experienced anything like this before. He's a hobbit out of his element. So, you would probably be afraid, too.
I have to agree with about everything you say about Frodo. But I do disagree with one part. For me when I read the book Frodo did not seem totally innocent. He was actually rather educated about the rest of ME, compared to Sam of course. I wish they would have included more about how he did know a little Elvish. But maybe they did not include some of those things because of the short amount of time they had to tell the entire story. In the book I have always thought of Frodo as a gentlehobbit who was very polite and had a great "grownup" air to him and would always go through with something even though he really did not want to do it. I just didn't think that all of that came out on screen, part of it did, but not all. He did have an innocence to him, but still the inncence that was in him was less than the amount in Sam, and I don't think that comes out in the film.