View Single Post
Old 07-02-2003, 09:49 PM   #66
Neferchoirwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Neferchoirwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Neferchoirwen
Sting

Arwen vs. Glorfindel...if Glorfindel was given his own presence in the films, then post-readers (people like me, who read the books after watching the movies) may most likely scratch their heads and go "why didn't he get into the fellowship?" This is based on the premise that Glorfindel played a rather significant role in saving Frodo from the wraiths.

I can never say enough about Sean Bean...except that I cry every time it gets to his death scene.

Viggo grows in me, too. He is rather reserved, but proves strong in character as he fights will all his might!

Gimli's lines kinda messed it up for me. I was about to cry in awe when the wars build up, and *pffft* I loose momentum when he spills out a punchline [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Faramir...remember the close-up in TTT? If I remember right, that close up happened somewhere between Faramir planning for their next move and speaking with the Hobbits. That particular close-up showed a look on Faramir's face: he looked afraid, indecisive, and very vulnerable; even desperate. That close-up did it for me. The movie Faramir may have spoiled our expectations as readers, but the language of cinema portrayed him as raw as anyone in times of desperation.
Faramir had to be portrayed in contrast to Boromir, who was lofty, confident, and hasty (IMO), as opposed to Faramir, who was marginalized in his father's affections, at the frontlines of defense, and many other stressful things (the map is a telltale sign of the congestion that Faramir was facing).

Phew! that was a lot...
Neferchoirwen is offline   Reply With Quote