View Single Post
Old 03-23-2003, 12:17 PM   #34
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

These are from <A HREF="http://www.dailydigest.net/tttdeletedscenes.html" TARGET=_blank>here.</A><P>I hope these pictures come out and I apologize for them being small. I couldn't find larger ones.<P> <P>This is the text that was with the pictures at the site.<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> The sewers of Osgiliath: The way the<BR>movie's cut now, Sam and Frodo go<BR>straight from Faramir releasing them to<BR>Gollum leading them through the woods.<BR>But a number of stills of "the Osgiliath<BR>sewers" were released, showing how<BR>Faramir helps them escape undetected. In<BR>fact, there's even a Topps card called "In<BR>the Osgiliath Sewers."<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Since this seems to be most logically after they leave Osgiliath, I'm wondering if this will be an opportunity to get more of the Faramir we are used to from the books. I can see something like Faramir explaining how he was bring the Ring for his father and how he himself "not if I found it on the highway, would I take it." It may be a good opportunity for Sam's line, "you showed your quality: the very highest".<P>It may help to heal over some of the wounds Faramir fans have suffered in much the same way as the gift giving in the FoTR Special Edition gave a Galadriel we were more familiar with.