View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 01:18 PM   #497
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
I very much enjoyed the evening I spent with Rune in Copenhagen! He's a great conversationalist, intelligent and well-informed on many subjects. We chatted about everything from Downs gossip, to what sights to see in the city, to history. I was both entertained and informed.

Rune, I did manage to see quite a few sights on that Friday - the Museum of Arts and Design, Rosenborg and Amalienborg palaces, the Marble Church, and the Round Tower, to mention the most important. And yes, while I was waiting for places to open, I did walk up to see the little mermaid.

The concert was good; there were quite a few of us from various international Tolkien Societies, and those of us who were costumed (I was one of them) gave the very proper Danes something crazy to look at! Hearing Christopher Lee's voice live (he was the narrator) was a real pleasure.

Oh, and the new costumes worn by the female members of the Tolkien Ensemble were designed by one of our German Society members and sewn by her and her friends - we were very proud of them and heard lots of stories from backstage, where they spent 2 - 3 days fitting and altering the costumes.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote