View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLostPilgrim View Post
How do you feel about the portrayal of Elrond in Peter Jackson's films? Is he as you imagined him to be, both in appearance and personality?
I'm not a fan. Hugo Weaving comes off as far too grim, and his Elrond seems to harbour contempt for Men and Dwarves lacking in the original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLostPilgrim View Post
There is one character whom I think was PERFECTLY portrayed, and that is Gandalf. Would anyone disagree with the general portrayal of Gandalf was on the mark? I don't mean so much the incidents (major deviations from Tolkien's characterization of Gandalf in RotK) but Ian McKellen sort of "being" Gandalf.
Meh, McKellan's a good actor (he is Magneto), and he had the look down, but I didn't quite see book-Gandalf's blend of irascible dedication, warmth, and humour. Mckellan's version actually reminded me a bit of Michael Gambon's Dumbledore in the Harry Potter movies.