View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 04:29 PM   #73
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Mithadan and his companions applauded. "Lovely tunes!" he said with enthusiasm. "Beautiful! What did you think?" He turned to a dubious looking creature, seated to his left.

"Not bad," answer Gravlox. "Very pretty indeed! but I rather liked that other one. Reminded me of my youth,

"Bake and toast 'em, fry and roast ’em!
till beards blaze, and eyes glaze;
till hair smells and skins crack,
fat melts, and bones black

"That's a bit more my style."

"It would be, my Uruk friend," retorted a figure dressed in a white, silk suit with a black tie. His hair was immaculately coiffed and his shoes shone from having been buffed until every scuff had been eliminated. He held a pad of yellow, lined paper in his hand and was scribbling frantically with his Mont Blanc pen. "You're an Orc, and can appreciate a nice bit of thievery. Straight out of The Hobbit, I believe. Let's see, copyright violation, treble damages, attorney's fees..."

Gravlox scowled and bared his yellowed fangs. "Can't you lighten up for once, Sueim?" he responded. "Enjoy yourself! Have a drink and a bit to eat!" The Orc drew a dagger and stabbed a cockroach that was sauntering by. It disappeared into his maw with a crunch. "Juicy!" he exclaimed.

"Well, if I recall, you can neither write poetry nor sing," Sueim replied. His cellantir rang, but he ignored it. He leaned forward toward the Uruk and emphasized his words with a flourish of his hands.

"I've never heard you sing," snarled Gravlox. "Your 'predecessor' maybe, but not you."

Sueim grinned. It was a truly horrifying sight. Loyers should not be allowed to smile. "He could entertain, couldn't he? Maybe, I should let my hair down and get into the swing of things. Even if it means letting Grrralph take over for a moment..."

Sueim stood, and gestured as he recited a quotation from Mr. Justice Brandeis. Abruptly, he was surrounded with a cloud of grey smoke that quickly changed into the darkest black. Then, with a flash, a new figure appeared where Sueim had been standing.

"Oh no," moaned Mithadan. "Call the insurance company..."

In Sueim's place stood an imposing, shrouded figure, 2.4 meters tall wearing hooded robes over full body armour consisting of chainmail (steel, black), a breast plate (steel, black), vambraces (steel, black), leather gloves (black) with steel studs (black), chain hose (black) and thigh high boots (red). A nearby group of Hobbits dropped their tankards and fled, screaming. Grrralph raised himself up to his full height and emitted a long drawn out wail which rose and fell like the cry of some dark and lonely creature. Then, to everyone's horror, he began to move back and forth. At first, he merely tapped his boots, but then he began to sway and, suddenly, caught up in the moment, he drew his pale blade and began spinning around with his arms outstretched. His thigh-high red boots struck sparks from the floor as he shifted into a dance.

The crowd scattered and took refuge under tables or pressed up against the walls to evade the spinning wrai… er, person. Then, he began to sing.

Daggers and maces,
and bows at ten paces.
Longswords and spears,
that lay foes on biers.
Arrows on strings,
and cold golden rings,
these are a few of my
favorite things!

Liver and spleen,
and kidneys between.
Muscle and tendon,
and blades with to rend them.
Lungs, hearts and hamstrings,
and eyeballs a-bouncing,
these are a few of my
favorite things!

Nonplussed, Mithadan watched as Grrralph swept about the room. "'Enjoy yourself'" he said to Gravlox. "Good thing he didn't have a drink! Why didn't you double dog dare him?"

Gravlox watched as the tip of Grrralph's sword separated a guest's waistcoat into two neat pieces, amazingly without drawing blood. "You've got to admit," the Uruk responded with a toothy grin. "He's got style."