View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 06:49 AM   #179
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Fea walked back into the party sleepily, having disappeared without trace the night before. "So sorry to have left so unexpectedly, Aina, but I had a prior commitment that needed taking care of."

Shuffling across the cold and clammy stone floor in her beat up flip flops with yet another pair of beat up old jeans, paired with a pale blue t-shirt and nine bracelets today, with her customary tech pencil resting behind her right ear, Fea rejoined the theorists.

"Now," she said, "comes the clincher. Balrogs so obviously have wings, given that they are creatures of shadow. Saying that wings don't exist because they are "of shadow" is on par with saying balrogs don't exist because they are creatures of shadow. However, these wings could very well be vestigial, and, if working at all, work only for short distances. Much like chickens. And given that balrogs, besides being shadowy, are also creatures of flame, we know that they are hot. Which brings me to my conclusion: Balrogs are made of chicken and they make the world's hottest chicken wings, available at any back-woods pizzeria... except Frank's." She wrinkled her nose in her tell-tale sign of distaste at thinking of Frank's' wings. She could only hope that at tonight's final concert of her high-school career, she would hit no wrong notes. Her mother would be sure to notice her sophisticated sneer if, for instance, she misread that thrice-bedamned F flat. Who writes F flats any how? she thought moodily. Why not just write E natural and get it over with?

Feeling the pull of reality, Fea looked left and right. 'Twas time to help save lives, she realized.

"So sorry to leave so soon, but I must give blood and comfort others doing the same! A responsibility I would love to NOT have, if you'll forgive my split infinitive, but it does seem necessary to my own sense of accomplishment. You'll all miss me, of course! Give my regards to our esteemed, but missing, leader." And with that, she turned on her heel and walked away.

------

"Oh yes!" she cried, her head and arm reappearing for a brief moment. "Take that!"

And with her final words, Fea left the party, not seeing where the large amount of lime green jello landed.

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 05-03-2005 at 06:54 AM.