View Single Post
Old 07-06-2006, 03:32 AM   #981
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I don't have time now, but Tharonwë wouldn't be such a fool, not before such a formidable Elf as Arwen. He would not try to command Elessar, much less Arwen, as to what to think of the others. His way would be more subtle, to suggest and imply rather than baldly state. More later.

EDIT: I'm wondering about the osanwë between Elessar and Arwen. Is osanwe harder for the two than talking, or not? Passing information in the midst of counsel before others would be quite handy, and I can see that happening. I can also imagine that Aragorn would not find it necessary to give Arwen a somewhat scolding "I know", however mild, as it stands to reason that if they are communicating mind to mind, she would know what he knows. It must be remembered that the only communication at length that we have, from Tolkien, is the Appendix story of Aragorn's death and Arwen's bereavement. Did they communicate mind to mind there, or did they speak? If the spoke, one wonders how difficult osanwe is as a mode of communication? Surely easier for Arwen than for Aragorn? Are there any definitive answers for these questions, or are we going to have to come to a consensus opinion? Or does Helen want to make a ruling?

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 07-06-2006 at 09:03 AM.