View Single Post
Old 11-20-2002, 02:15 PM   #15
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Rimbaud has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

After he had greeted all the newcomers, friendly faces all, Rimbaud stood apart from the bustle and looked deep in thought. His blue eyes were shaded by his hand and he cast a tall, slender shadow upon the white-washed walls.

"It is good to see new faces amongst those of the List that gather here," he said, startling a nearby large insect, which sprang from the adjacent table-top. Mithadan chuckled again, surprising himself and nearly toppling his newly-filled glass.

Rimbaud went on. "Two great tales we have here, the strong fledgling Legend of Castle Maladil and the behometh known to all as The Lonely Star. At the summation of the one, a new tale will doubtless arise, phoenix-like, from the ashes.

"At this time Gondorians will embark again on a voyage of words and images. Those that accompany them shall be gleaned from the ranks of the story-tellers from Rohan, who doubtless will have begun their journey in The Shire.

"So, my mild entreaty to new-comers would be: do not neglect the Inns and Stories of the other Realms, for they hold the passport to Gondor! When tales arise in those Realms, which they are soon to do, look to yourselves! Bear yourself to the Discussion threads and the fine establishments, The Green Dragon and The White Horse.

"There, you will encounter others starting out on their journey. For, it is well-known to most, that you do not begin your journey at the end.

"To my friends here invited, I ask thee: help soon, in the creation and nurture of Tales in the other Realms, if you find the time. Later, we may begin another great labour, here in Gondor, but more pressing matters are there to the West, in the lands of the Rohirrim and Hobbit-folk."

[ November 22, 2002: Message edited by: Rimbaud ]