View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 04:04 AM   #99
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
“Have you heard if you’re staying or going yet?” Javan asked after a pause. “It seemed uncertain last I heard.”

"No, not yet... I don't know if it has even been decided. Trouble is that the soldiers want to get back but the hauliers are worried about the roads after the rain... of course it is harder going for them even with empty waggons. And no one is really in charge since Wilheard is staying here" ..Elfthain paused while he broke up a particularly stubborn clump of mud with his fingers and exchanged knowing looks with Javan - the pair had found common ground in their opinion of Lord Athanar's heir , ".... not that he was much help on the way over ... neither use nor ornament as my grannie would have said... but he was there and knew the way and his dad is too important for anyone to cross him, miserable git though he be... any way I reckon that if there isn't news in the next hour we are good for another day - the one thing they are all agreed on is that there should be as few overnight stops as possible which means an early start". He sighed surveying the state of Safran's coat. So much effort to uncover such a small amount of horse. Saffy made a soft whickering sound and Elfthain half thought she was laughing at him.

"I am in no hurry to go.. at this rate it will take me half the day to get Saff clean.. and I don't want her getting girth galls even if she is an orc-horse". Safran turned her head and regarded her master balefully through a filthy forlock. "None of the others are half as bad, quarter even but Saffy really, really loves rolling in mud, just usually she doesn't have so much to play with, do you my sweet?" He patted the exposed coat affectionately. "Anyway don't let me hold you up now.. I won't be going anywhere for a while" he grimaced and banged out the dirt from the dandy brush.

Last edited by Mithalwen; 08-29-2015 at 05:35 AM.