Thread: All About You
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2002, 03:47 PM   #69
amyrlis
Wight

amyrlis has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I am also surprised by all the aspiring writers on the board, it's great! Granted, I am not one of them! Well, here goes more about me.

Name (that you go by): amy
Future Aspirations: To find my career "calling"
Goal in life: To have fulfilling and lasting relationships/friendships
Short term goals: Enjoy my trip to Europe this August, survive the move to NY, then work on becoming a mom
Passion: my big yellow dog
Hobbies: Going out with friends, Downhill skiing, reading, photography, Tolkien
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Being an identical twin, being a not-so-typical engineer, making the drive from Denver to Vegas in 10.5 hours

Fave book: The Silmarillion and East of Eden by Steinbeck
Fave movie: Better Off Dead, Princess Bride
Fave sport: Downhill Skiing
Fave store: Ann Taylor
Fave music: All kinds, but mostly what my fave radio station refers to as "world-class rock" - Jack Johnson, Dave Matthews, Tracy Chapman, Sonia Dada, etc.

What you can't stand: people's political & moral opinions being influenced by uninformed and under-educated celebrities just because they are rich & famous; human and animal suffering
What you plain dislike: HOT & HUMID weather; people who are always "too busy" to do things with friends, just plain pathetic
Who you admire: My grandfather - born poor & orphaned at a young age, put himself through Yale law school, became a prominent attorney, married the woman of his dreams, and raised 5 successful children. Proves that no matter what your circumstances are, you can rise above them if you are determined to do so. My husband - driven, ambitious, disciplined, bound to be a success. And my sister because she is so Martha Stewart and I am NOT.
What you most love to do: Go out for dinner and drinks with friends.
Your self-confessed flaws: I am anal-retentive and everyone knows it. I'm pretty easy-going until things start veering off the plan... must stick to PLAN! I also think I can be lazy and selfish.
What intrigues/fascinates you: Airplanes - thousands of pounds of metal defying gravity all because of a little wind-displacement? Genetics, twins.
What scares you: lack of education, terrorists, spiders (in a freak-out, panic attack, break down into tears sort-of-way, silly I know but this is a real phobia)
Quotation to live by: "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." - these are lyrics from a song, but I don't remember which one or who it's by

Additional comments: Wow, this took me a long time to fill out!!!