Thread: MIRKWOOD RPG
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2003, 08:14 AM   #393
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thalionyulma has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The dark elf breathed in deeply to clear his head snapping himself out of the sudden panic he had felt. Rûdhchamion had sensed that they were being tracked. Taralphiel's revelation was alarming, yet he felt something was not quite right. He had a suspicion on what the young half-elf was saying - "dead yet alive...". He had heard of stories from the loremasters. The undead, similar to the Nazgul under the Enemy's power.

"Taralphiel! Stop scrying, she can only sense you if you too are attempting to locate her, " he quickly warned the maiden.

Anarya looked up at him bewildered. She had never heard of nor witnessed what Taralphiel and Rûdhchamion were talking about. Khelek quickly tried to awaken the young half-elven from her trance-like state.

"What -?" Taralphiel looked about her a bit disoriented. "I know they're near by."

"Yes, that may be so. But we do not wish to have our location known to them", the dark elf told her.

"How so?" Asked Anarya.

The dark elf jumped down from where he had perched. Looking around first before answering.

"I know not in the Elvenking's realm how the mage or spellweavers use their craft. There were a few of my people who were greatly gifted with the ability of foresight. And there were those that could see and communicate beyond what most of our kind could do. But the Enemy and his minions too have capabilities that they often use to waylay and trap the unwary."

"Remember this," he turned to Taralphiel, "She can only speak with you and hold you in her thrall if you let her in your mind. That one is of an ancient age past. Do not always believe what she whispers to you, for as her Master, she too can weave deceit as though it was the truth."

He looked towards the south. They were a few days from Dol Guldur. He suspected that whoever had spoken to the elf maiden would be there as well.

"We hold a cold camp tonight, we cannot risk a campfire," he said grimly.

Both females nodded. Anarya picked a spot near one of the large boles where they could easily climb should the need arise.

[ March 27, 2003: Message edited by: Thalionyulma ]