View Single Post
Old 08-10-2002, 07:28 PM   #10
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

Wood stands 5'6", if I am not mistaken.<P>He spent a lot of time (Way too much time, he felt) filming in front of the blue screen. Blue screen is used whenever a background will be added. In other words, Elijah would be filmed in front of the bluescreen, talking to the air, reacting to nothing, imagining everything in his head-- that takes talent, I think-- and then they'd cut-and-paste his face onto the face of a dummy or another actor.<P>For instance, Arwen carrying Frodo to the fords on Asfaloth was definitely done by Liv Tyler carrying a dummy (on a fake horse) and then Elijah's face digitally added afterwards. You can see pictures of Arwen carrying the dummy on the fake horse online.<P>I suspect that the Boromir scene may have been a midget double or perhaps even a child, waving his arms, and then Elijah's face added afterwards. Possibility 2 is, they had a huge guy who would dress in a large version of everybody else's clothes, and his face was either not in the picture, or digitally replaced with somebody else's face. (In this case, Boromir's.)<P>There's my two best guesses on how Boromir carrying Frodo was made to happen.<p>[ August 10, 2002: Message edited by: mark12_30 ]