View Single Post
Old 06-17-2002, 10:22 AM   #28
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

Quote:
"... when the morning stars sang for joy."
It's actually a quote out of the bible, talking about the creation. "Morning Stars" is said by some to speak of the angels. But C. S. Lewis interpreted it literally in Magician's Nephew, when Aslan is singing and the stars appear together with silvery voices. And now, it always reminds me now of the Song of the Ainur-- which in turn reminds me of elves singing in the starlight.

Quote:
What was once but an old legend has become the one desire of their hearts. And the loftiest hope is the surest of being fulfilled. --From TheCastle by George Macdonald
Quote:
...It is not possible to reject or ignore God without demeaning man. --John Paul II
This one got lost in the shuffle and I just remembered it:
Quote:
What are you going to do with your gift dear child?
Give life, give love, give soul?
Divided is the one who dances,
For the soul is so exposed, so exposed
--Creed

Quote:
In the Lord of the Rings the conflict is not basically about freedom, though that is naturally involved. It is about God, and His sole right to divine honour. --Tolkien, Letter 183
Quote:
(Frodo) cannot live with the fact that he failed the unpassable test. --Lyta_Underhill
Quote:
Waves and wind and storm defying, Hurricane and tempest riding. --Lindo
I have something to do before the end; I must see it through, sir. --Sam
Quote:
Mark 12_30 looks just like a hobbit... She is not very tall, not particularly slender, and has short curly hair. She smiles often and laughs even oftener. Her cheeks are red ... she has many freckles..
This one is on the way out, so I'll record it while I'm here:

Quote:
Je6.16 TSTL: Stand in the ways and see, and ask for the old paths, where the good way is, and walk in it; then you will find rest for your souls.
Quote:
I suppose after Caradhras comes... Moria? Uh oh.

Last edited by mark12_30; 02-17-2005 at 11:32 AM.
mark12_30 is offline   Reply With Quote