View Single Post
Old 12-05-2003, 12:28 PM   #248
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Daniel Telcontar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Talan smiled with relief as Faran agreed to take him under his tutelage, and looked down in the ground when the carpenter called him "sir". Nobody had never called him that, certainly not in his time as a street urchin in Dale, nor here. Since he had not even lived a score of years yet, mostly just called him boy or lad.

He nodded when Faran mentioned the name Idona. "Aye, I recognise the name, though your description is a bit odd. But I reckon we'll find her quickly. You checked the Common Room and she ain't here?" After pondering a few seconds, Talan said: "Me guess is she is in the kitchen, then. If she ain't, then perhaps at her room. Let's check the kitchen first, and then her room if she ain't be in the kitchen."

So he led Faran out into the kitchen, grabbing an apple as he entered through the door and looked around for Iona. But she wasn't there either, so he left the room while saying to Faran: "I reckon she be at her room then..."

He stopped speaking as his gaze fell towards the windows, and he spotted none other than Iona. How they could have missed her when first searching the room was beyond him, but he shrugged his shoulders and gave Faran a push with his elbow.

"See that girl over there, by the window? Not the one shrubbing it, but the other one who serves around here; that be yer girl, Iona, that you've been searching for."

"Iona? I am looking for someone called Idona." Faran replied a bit puzzled. Talan could not help but laugh, and then said: "My mistake. Ye see, I thought you were looking after this her serving wench called Iona, but I reckon you are looking for a guest with a similar name. I did wonder about your description since it didn't seem to match completely. Sorry 'bout that, let's see if we can find this here Idona then."

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 11:27 AM December 06, 2003: Message edited by: Daniel Telcontar ]