View Single Post
Old 01-04-2004, 05:33 PM   #274
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Pipe

The next morning Gerdwyn woke up, feeling refreshed and happy, something she hadn’t felt in quite some time. She opened her curtains, it was a lovely day outside, a bit too hot but it was fine. Gerdwyn put on a dress and tied up her hair in a perfect round bun. She walked out the house and was ready for another day at her try out. Gerdwyn was sure Bethberry would hire her, she was good and Gerdwyn was sure Froma would put in a good word or two! Gerdwyn walked into the Inn and made her way into the kitchen. Goldwine was waiting patiently at the kitchen door. Gerdwyn was surprised to see the cat there again, she was sure she had bored the poor thing the day before. Gerdwyn let Goldwin in first and followed behind. Goldwine walked boldly into the kitchen with its tail up in the air, Goldwine jumped onto the chair with a cushion on it and preened itself. “I see you have found your castle?” Gerdwyn said laughing at Goldwine.

Gerdwyn put on a red handmade apron and tightened it. She felt good, it was soon to be her kitchen. She took eggs, milk, flour and butter and mixed them all together to make a delicious warm bread. She added a few herbs in the bread to give it a hint of herbs. Then she put on boiling water to make tea and ham and pea soup. Gerdwyn was getting used to the feel of the kitchen and was enjoying her space. “you know Goldwine, when I was younger I would spend hours in the kitchen with my mother. She would do all the cooking and I would do the mixing and later I would lick the bowl out” Gerdwyn paused then put down a bowl of milk. Goldwine walked towards the milk and sniffed it then backed away and look at Gerdwyn. Gerdwyn was puzzled and just ignored it and made tea. She took a sip and was shocked, she spat it out. “Oh this is disgusting! The milk is off, now wonder you do not wish to drink that milk!” Gerdwyn cleaned the mess on the floor and found some more milk. She poured it into the bowl and put it on the floor again for Goldwine. Goldwine went up to the bowl and inspected it, sniffing around it and looking at it. Gerdwyn laughed “It is ok this time!”