View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 12:13 PM   #104
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
What a little cutie.
Luckily, all three of my kids have their mother's good looks.

Quote:
And do you really need an excuse to play LotR? Although I admit that it might look a little odd to neighbors to see a group of adults playing....
Some families/cultures just don't get it. It's okay for adults to paint their faces and bodies, wear goofy clothes, participate in unusual rituals and get all drunked up and shout at other persons playing a child's game (football, basketball, etc), yet if I were to don a cloak and sword and play 'LOTR,' then I must be some kind of NUT.

Quote:
I'm glad some of our members are encouraging a new generation of fans...
I do a quick version of the Hobbit and LOTR for the kids sometimes before bed, and they have watched all three movies (EE), though I skipped a few of the more boring scenes and lied regarding the fates of the 'dead' - "Oh no, they're not hurt. Those people/horses just fell down..."

The boy figured out that even orcs can't live without their heads attached - the beginnings of skepticism and investigation.

It brings tears to my eyes knowing that my children don't have nightmares about orcs, trolls and the like, yet run screaming from Santa and the Easter Bunny at the mall.

Sniff...
alatar is offline   Reply With Quote