View Single Post
Old 10-17-2002, 10:41 AM   #86
davem
Illustrious Ulair

Location: In the home of lost causes, and forsaken beliefs, and unpopular names,and impossible loyalties
davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

LMP, web address for RJ Stewart's site is www.dreampower.com/
This is a site that deals with pagan themes, but the major stuff is in the 3 books I gave. Principally, he is a shamanic teacher, working with the Celtic Faerie Traditions. What that means is that in the Pagan Traditions of the Celts, Faeries & Elves are considered real, contactable beings. Speaking personally, & whether you believe this or not, using the techniques in Stewarts books, I have had experiences of contact with these beings, who are both like & unlike Tolkien's Elves. They are beings of the Land. I won't go into too many details, but if you follow some of the visualisations in the books & on the web site, you might start to get some understanding of 'why it feels different near the shire'.
As I say, this is too far off from a Tolkien site. But lets just say, not EVERYTHING Tolkien wrote is just fantasy, there are Elves out there. I speak from experience.null