View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 08:16 PM   #38
LadyBrooke
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The modern day version of Edoras: horses, wind, rolling plains =)
LadyBrooke is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to LadyBrooke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Underhill View Post
Physical books wear out after 30-35 lendings? Sheesh, what are people doing to their library books?
Couple months too late, but this caught my eye - 30-35 is the amount that can be expected in my experience. Now, my school is a relatively poor one, so we got by with the librarians making new covers out of construction paper and such, in some cases, especially for paperback books. Hardbacks normally lasted longer then that. Now those numbers are best case scenarios, in several cases this year, books only lasted for a little bit, before somebody would manage to tear the cover off, drop it in animal waste (yes, this happened), drop it in the toilet, the book was returned with bite marks, ect. Yes, all those happened...luckily, the kid who dropped his book in animal waste, had the common sense to not bring it into school, and just brought the money for the book instead....

Now, to return to the Tolkien on the Kindle, several new Tolkien books have come out on their recently including BoLT I & II. As I recently graduated high school, which can be a lucrative business if you have a party with relatives, I now have them, as well as Tales from the Perilous Realm. Next up, Legend of Sigurd and Gudrun to buy...Reviews of BoLT and Tales formatting on Kindle, as soon as I have the chance to finish reading them...

Last edited by LadyBrooke; 06-23-2011 at 08:20 PM.
LadyBrooke is offline   Reply With Quote