View Single Post
Old 07-25-2003, 04:34 PM   #16
Ealasaid
Wight

Ealasaid has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Okay...Thanks, Snowdog, for clearing up a couple of questions I had. Hanasian's motives (and name!) are pretty clear. With that scenario in mind, it would make sense to have him travelling with 2 additional Rangers. That's a good idea for additional characters. That way, the new writers won't be constricted too much by any of our pre-conceived notions. It would be good, too, if they had at least a passing knowledge of Kaldir, either from pre-war experience or having met him when he was bringing in fugitives.

I, too, was worrying how to work in Benia's Bree connections and still have the Inn action take place at the Prancing Pony. Using the Forsaken Inn would solve that. I like it!

Elora: thanks for the additional character suggestions! I would tend to stay away from using Celeborn or Elrond's sons as regular roles for writers because it would be difficult and constrictive for the writers. We could use those individuals as recurring figures who are present and figure in the action, but not as regular characters... kind of like carry-along characters, where anyone can manipulate them & use them as needed.

Kaldir is there on behalf of the Haradrim who want Vanwe back. Having more Haradrim on her trail would seem kind of redundant. (Just my opinion.) But I do like the idea of the seedy Underworld characters. That's kind of fits in with my earlier suggestion of a couple of evil types who fall in under Naiore's influence. They could (maybe) try to suck up to her on one hand while trying to figure out a way to turn her in for the bounty on the other hand. How does that sound?

As far as Naiore's & Vanwe's travels up from the south, it sounds interesting, but, if we start from the inn, they are already in the north. We need to carry the action forward from the Inn.

[ July 25, 2003: Message edited by: Ealasaid ]