View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 01:29 PM   #77
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimturiel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Dimturiel Send a message via Yahoo to Dimturiel
Erling frowned at Gorin. He seemed much too friendly for his liking. Perhaps he was only springing a trap at them, wanting to make them feel at ease with him, maybe even take him inside Bree to fulfil his own dark purposes. Erling tried to tell himself that it was most unlikely for a dwarf to be behind the attacks but he could not help feeling suspicious. He nearly wanted to tell Gorin this, tell him that the last thing he would do would be to accept help from a stranger found wondering in the wild at night in such times. But he thought better and said nothing.

Perhaps, if Gorin really was behind these attacks or had something to do with them, it was better if he was kept under close watch. Then they had to pretend to accept his help. If he was with them, Erling would see that he did not let the dwarf out of his sight. And if Gorin was innocent, well, another helping hand was more than welcome.

“I think we will accept your help.” he told the dwarf. “For we really need all the help we can get. You asked for our names and these we will give. I am Erling and my companions are Kuric and…”

At that point Erling stopped abruptly. He looked at the land behind him but it was too dark for him to see much.

“I thought…” he began uncertainly. “I thought I heard something…But I am not sure now. Maybe it was just the wind…”

Last edited by Dimturiel; 02-04-2008 at 03:16 PM.