Thread: Best Avatars
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #3059
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Yes we are. By the way B-berry, is your avatar just light or is it supposed to portray a small phosporescent dragon? Because I always see it as the latter but I'm not quite sure.
Yes, it is a negative version of a dragon. I found it on a site called Malice Something ten years ago when I joined the Downs, but the site closed a few years later and I no longer have no links to it.

I've been told that it is a negative of a Brian Froud fairy/dragon image, but I haven't confirmed this.

I picked it because my rpg character Bethberry was supposed to be Tom and Goldberry's daughter who roams Middle-earth looking for her mum, who was absent from any recognition or naming at the end of LotR even though Gandalf said he was going to spend time with Tom. So much for a character with whom Frodo is really smitten.

The image is like the images on the cover of one edition of Tales from the Perilous Realm, which includes "The Adventures of Tom Bombadil", so I figured the avatar would be consistent even if most people didn't recognise it. You can see the cover here.