View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 01:55 PM   #106
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Bunny's eyes widen a little as Micheal described what he had seen in the North Moors. Something in the way he said it made Bunny uncomfortable, was he lying? she was almost certain of it.
Bunny, having been the only girl in a family of mischievous boys, was use to telling when a lad was hiding something from her.
But for what purpose Micheal had to lie was beyond Bunny. Was he making fun of her and her dreams of discovery?
Was he just wanting to go with them so if they didn't find entwives he could rub it in their faces? or was he really just fibbing because he wanted to sound like he had something to contribute, hoping despaeratly for adventure himself?

Bunny was thrown off guard and was unsure how to answer his question of him accompanying them.
They sat in a momentary silence, Bunny shifted on the step. The day was lengthening and the sun was beginning to set.
What should she say? Bunny was torn.
"Ummm well I think my belly is grumbling a bit, why don't we finish our chat inside?" Bunny stood up smoothing her dress, she was going to try and avoid answering Micheal for a bit if she could.
"Let's see what my companions are doing... we shall see what they think of you join..... Offfff!!! As Bunny went to open the door, an excited Mira pushed the door open from the other side.
"Oh Bunny! I'm so sorry! I just came to tell you, that I do still want to come. We have some relatives here and they have agreed to take our Gaffer home....to be buried." Mira's voice broke.

"Our Gaffer would have wanted us to continue and I don't plan on letting him down." Mira smiled and the excited tone came back into her voice." Are we going to leave soon?"

"umm well yes Mira I think we can." Bunny smiled at the young lass, taking her arm in hers. "Mr Micheal here seems to want to come with us.... What do you think Mira? Should we let him? "
Bunny winked at Mira, threw a look back at Micheal and started heading towards the table occupied by Tansy and Rudy and their relatives.

As Bunny approached the table Mira introduced her to Mr and Mrs Chubb. Bunny curtseyed as proper and said her how-do-you-do's before taking a seat beside Tansy. Mira looked from Micheal to the table of her family. "And this here....she motioned him forward, is Micheal....not sure of his last name. But Bunny has told me he wants to come with us and I Think he should!" I thought we should give him a chance at adventure too. Mira winked at Bunny, who smiled.

Bunny was relieved! she was dreading having to make the decision if Micheal could come or not, looks like Mira did it for her.

Bunny scanned the room as Micheal took a seat near Mira and looked quite pale. Bunny smiled inwardly. We shall see how Mr. Micheals lies play out for good or bad. Makes it a little more exciting Bunny decided.
Bunny saw Brown sitting alone drinking ale and Peony not far off at a table by herself with her head down.
Mr and Mrs Chubb rose and embraced Rudy and Mira in turn "Don't worry dears we shall handle things from here" Mrs Chubb said as she kissed their cheeks. Bunny rose after they left leaving Mira and Rudy and Micheal alone.

She approached Brown directly first. "Brown could you join us at our table? I'm having a round sent over for a toast to the Gaffer." Brown nodded and headed over to the table. Bunny went to Peony and laid her hand softly on her shoulder. "Dear?.. come have one last ale with us for the Gaffer." Peony nodded also and rose to go with Bunny.

They all sat a little uncomfortable and quiet around the table that was now crowded with frothing ale mugs. Bunny rose first raising her mug, but was a little unsure what to say."To the Gaffer!" was all she could manage. "Here here!!" followed Rudy as he rose. Everyone rose, toasted and drank deeply.

Bunny was torn yet again. should she wait to say something of their trip? The day was running out and Bunny was tired. She would have to say something without being untactful and soon. She sat and leaned forward in her chair.
"Well since we are all here, I should say that I am deeply sorry about the Gaffer's untimely death. Bunny bowed her head. " I am leaving in the morning to start my adventure..... It seems you all still want to join me. I will understand if any of you choose to not come. Bunny looked up and met eyes with each Hobbit. She was nervous with them all staring back at her, but she was supposed to be the "leader" of this adventure. Even though as the days wore on she felt less and less like leading.
" I think I shall take my leave for the night and head off to bed. Goodnight everyone, We shall meet here when the sun rises." Bunny curtseyed and headed off to her room, even though she was sure she would never sleep.