View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 10:00 AM   #6
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Essex, great post as always. Just a few thoughts, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essex
wouldn’t the nazgul want to take the bearer of the Ring alive, back to Mordor to be questioned/tortured/slowly killed by Sauron?
It's possible, and I don't know how it was portrayed in the books, but in the last sequence didn't Saruman just tell Gandalf that the Nazgul would kill the bearer and take the Ring? Is this true, or was Saruman just trying to scare Gandalf?

Quote:
We need to show Frodo being affected by the Ring, and without a narrator’s voice, how do we do this? I think this bit works superbly well. He is not doing this CONSIOUSLY therefore he is not being stupid.
It just seems a bit silly and inconsistent. The Nazgul have been in pursuit and in the area since Sam and Frodo leave Bag End. With the exception of the scene where the Nazgul is practically parting Frodo's hair with his nose, not once before has Frodo been so affected. Think that it could have been done better.

Quote:
Although I can’t help hearing viggo’s voice fall back to American (or at least mid atlantic) in this scene. A bit off putting.
it's a well-known fact that Rangers hail from New York . And PJ was just being faithful to the text, as even book Frodo notices that Aragorn's accent/voice changes as they discuss the situation in the hobbit's room.