View Single Post
Old 05-21-2006, 02:18 PM   #810
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
Another point I was considering yesterday. I noticed a couple of comments concerning Roa's and Diamond's unhappiness with Gurthang's plan. They seemed to be like: "Oh, no wolf would come out that strongly against the GW in public." But isn't this what the evil ones would bank on? We're all thinking it would be more likely for the monsters to just hide in the shadows as regards the plan of the GW; and this grants them the privilege to hide in the open, as it were.
I've thought about this too, and that's a reason that I find Azaelia suspicious. Her vote yesterday was definitely against everything that the plan was about, and more or less earned her another day on the list.

Azaelia is now actually looking innocent to me. Her posts, from 768 onward, are, quite frankly, the kind of thing I would do if I were in her shoes. Under a lot of suspicion and possibility/likelihood of getting lynched, I'd simply post the facts about myself. So now I don't really want to vote for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
Also, to those suspecting me simply because I might have done some thing like what's happened were I the EW, please, come up with better reasons. You don't know who I would pick or what I would do as an EW. The role is entirely different than that of a wolf, which you have recorded in you lorebooks. You can "see" me doing something to that effect, but all that is just speculation, and not really evidence.
This is true, and one reason that I think we as villagers (I may be the wizard, but I'm still a villager, too.)should be looking for the wolves. I have plenty of resources to help me find the EW during the Night, and you guys are way better at picking out who are wolves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Ranger
Odd choice of wording, my friend. Possibly a harmless slip but for some odd reason it clears you in my mind...
Odd, perhaps; clearing, definitely not. This makes me suspect you, Sleepy, because it really doesn't seem logical in my mind to say such a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor
Why haven't I been scried or dreamt of? That's pretty much the first thing that's always done, but it hasn't been.
Not sure. I know I've thought about it before, but it seemed like there was always someone who I felt more urgent to know about. And I think that you being the first one scried/dreamed of makes you less likely to be picked for evil. And, by that reasoning, I do not think I wll be voting for Fea.

And lastly, as far as Roa's post (two above), there might be a point, actually. It does seem a bit flippish. But on the same note, I agree that it probably isn't anything. I think that if it was a landslide in her direction, Fea would just add to the avalanche. If it's close, she'd push it to someone else. Two different situations; two different actions.