View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 10:48 AM   #276
Sauron the White
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sauron the White has just left Hobbiton.
from davem

Quote:
I'd also like to see Ang Lee get his hands on CoH (after I've persuaded him to film Njal's Saga.....)
Interesting suggestion .... Lee could make a totally brilliant film that combines the lush scenery of ME with the angst and troubles of the lead character..... or it could be a real depressing film that simply looks good.

For my money, the best thing that Lee ever did was EAT, DRINK, MAN, WOMAN. I just cannot accept so much of TIGER/DRAGON with its defying of the most basic physics. Yeah, I know its a genre thing - but so much of it just looked stupid. The landscapes were beautiful and it sure made for great stills - but the flying stuff just is not my cup of tea. BAREBACK MOUNTING is one of the greatly overrated films of the last few years. Were it not for its so called "cutting edge" subject matter, it would have made a very tiny splash. It faded like a dying meteor in the months between release and the Oscars and has been almost unheard of since that time. But like lots of films set in the American West, it sure looked glorious.

davem - what is it about Lee that spurs you to make this statement? What do you especially like in his films?
Sauron the White is offline   Reply With Quote