View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 09:05 AM   #12
LadyBrooke
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The modern day version of Edoras: horses, wind, rolling plains =)
LadyBrooke is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to LadyBrooke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morthoron View Post
Nothing against you, LadyB., but every time I see the word "purist" in conjunction with a person irritated or upset about the manner in which Jackson buggered the Bagginses, I wonder.

For instance, I wonder what is the opposite of Purist? The Illiterati? or simply Impurists? I've never given a name to these contrarians.
I have no idea, given that I would hardly label myself a purist (not caring that much about Bagginses or Hobbits in general.) I won't give my thoughts on the opposite of Purist, since Purist has all sorts of negative connotations for me...I would say that I think that there's a difference between being a purist and being upset that PJ messed up a character. One, to me, is the kind folks that chase me down and yell at me about stories labeled crack/humor not following the books exactly...the other is a valid thing. It's the middle ground that gets tricky, especially when it's not clear if people are complaining because they truly dislike something, or just for the sake of complaining....