View Single Post
Old 10-05-2023, 12:40 AM   #128
Findegil
King's Writer

Findegil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
It was left out not by any contradiction, but rather becaus we used The Grey Annalas as main source for our text, which includes this two passages (so far apart):
Quote:
... They reaped not the reward that Morgoth promised them, for Maglor slew Uldor the Accursed, the leader in treason, and Bor and his sons slew Ulfast and Ulwarth ere they themselves were slain. ...
NA-TI-04.8 <GA; §241 Great indeed now was the triumph of Morgoth; and his design was accomplished in a manner after his own heart; for Men took the lives of Men, and betrayed the Eldar, and fear and hatred were aroused among those that should have been united against him. From that day indeed began the estrangement of Elves from Men, save only from those of the Three Houses of Bëor, Hador, and Haleth, and their children.
The March of {Maidros}[Maedros] was no more. ...
The only additional information from QS is that Bor's children left no heirs. But it is an information I think we should include. So I would place it thus, even so that is a bit of repetition (which I think is okay in recapitulation of the outcome of the battle):
Quote:
NA-TI-04.8 <GA; §241 Great indeed now was the triumph of Morgoth; and his design was accomplished in a manner after his own heart; for Men took the lives of Men, and betrayed the Eldar, and fear and hatred were aroused among those that should have been united against him. From that day indeed began the estrangement of Elves from Men, save only from those of the Three Houses of Bëor, Hador, and Haleth, and their children{.}NA-EX-22.4<QS{From that day the hearts of the Elves were estranged from Men, save only from those of the Three Houses, the peoples of Hador, and Bëor, and Haleth}; for the sons of Bór, {Boromir}[Borlach], {Borlas}[Borlad], and {Borthandos}[Borthand], who alone among the Easterlings proved true at need, all perished in that battle, and they left no heirs.>
The March of {Maidros}[Maedros] was no more. ...
Respectfully
Findegil
Findegil is offline   Reply With Quote