View Single Post
Old 09-11-2004, 07:50 AM   #28
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
1420! The Overthrowing.

Evisse wrote:
Quote:
This does indicate that Isildur cut the Ring after Sauron fell, but it is not clarified if Sauron was overthrown by Isildur, or by someone else, in order to be removed of the Ring.
Here is a quote from The Shadow of the Past, this is what Gandalf said:
Quote:
"But for the moment, since most of all you need to know how this thing came to you, and that will be tale enough, this is all that I will say. It was Gil-Galad, Elven king and Elendil of Westernesse who overthrew Sauron...
So if Gandalf is correct in this (because sometimes the account/stories of people are inaccurate) I think this is what happened...

Quote:
This does indicate that Isildur cut the Ring after Sauron fell
So, if Gandalf's story is accurate, I think Gil-Galad and Elendil overthrew Sauron, then Isildur cut the ring after Gil-Gald, Elendil, and Sauron were all "overthrown." I think I can trust Gandalf's words, especially if it has the backing of Elrond.

Quote:
Sauron himself was overthrown and Isildur cut the Ring from his hand
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote