View Single Post
Old 01-06-2022, 12:45 PM   #541
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Happy New Year! You've been really, really, really busy! Scribbling together a To Do list for myself, because otherwise I'm going to lose something:

- Move the choir a little in Appeal (or rather Entrance).

- Re-sing Appeal with the new score.

- Fix up the animation for Appeal to account for the above.

- Sing Dream, particularly the ending with the correct tune. Thank you for the demo run!

- Listen to Camp - oh, I can do that right now!

Oh wow, that's really good. ^_^ The speed-up sounds completely natural, and I'm sure I'll be able to get to grips with it. I think I can handle the ending too; we shall see.

- Sort out those lyrics. Hmmm.

For the 'duty' stanza, what is Finrod saying? He was brought to Middle-earth by the Oath, but he also chose his own course. He was following his duty, not out for revenge.

Ooh. You know what?

For the Oath's sake I forsook my own home, braved the Great Sea and bitter cold
But duty I chose
Duty I chose
Duty I choose
Never revenge.

Keeps the repeat, emphasises duty, and makes that shift from the Exile being his duty, to his duty to Beren as his vassal. And chose/choose is close enough to a rhyme that it doesn't sound bad.

Now for 'account'. We want to say that knowing Beren - probably just for this one day, given the time compression inherent in a play - has made Finrod realise that love isn't this thing that you try and fit in a box. He's talking both about Beren's strength - and his own weakness, in abandoning Amarie for duty, rather than staying with her for love.

But in the song your heart has sung tonight?

or

But by the light your heart shines forth tonight?

I think 'heart' is a good word to work in here, because... it's the title of the next song. ^_^ The whole sequence is visual metaphors, and down in 'Truth' we have the secret fires blazing in mortal eyes, so love as a light in Beren's heart is a good metaphor. I'm inclined towards that, but there's plenty of time to change it.

Back to the to-do list:

- Sing 'Camp'. Yeah, okay, I'll give that a shot and report back.

EDIT: Camp, sung? With more than a few re-recorded lines, but I think I got pretty close to what it's supposed to sound like.

hS

Last edited by Huinesoron; 01-06-2022 at 01:10 PM.
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote