View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 01:38 PM   #4
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
So you disagree with George R. R. Martin’s impulse of wanting to explore a more “realistic” Middle-earth? Martin has cited several times one of his inspirations being wanting to explore what life under Elessar’s rule would have been like, tax policy and so forth. Do you not think that a worthwhile endeavor?
Well, I've never read Martin, so I can't speak to how that worked out.
Don't misunderstand; it's not that I have my head in the sand, stupidly certain that everything was happily ever after for our LOTR heroes and their descendants.
As you note, Gandalf himself had no illusions that with Sauron's fall evil would be forever vanquished. However, knowing that academically and seeing it played out, especially so soon after the LOTR events would to me have been disheartening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
On a side note, the New Shadow forms the basis for this mod of Rome: Total War...which I never grow tired of stumping for.
Go for it!