Thread: Your lotr dream
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2003, 05:21 PM   #34
Nimrothiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nimrothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I always dream that I'm in a clearing in a forest, and suddenly Legolas, Elrond, Arwen, Galadriel, Celeborn, and hundreds of elves and elf-friends appear all around me. Each of them gazes deeply into my eyes, as though they are searching for something. Then Galadriel says, "You are the Chosen One. You must go with the Ring-bearer to Mordor, where you will be tested, and the truth about yourself shall be revealed to you." Then I say, "Why have you, the wisest of beings chosen me for this? I am not of your kind." Galadriel says, "Ah, but you are one of us Nimrothiel of the Wood. Look into the pool, and you will see the truth that has been hidden from you." I go over to a pool that I hadn't noticed before, and I kneel on the bank and look into the water. Suddenly, something that feels like an electric charge runs through me, and I black out for a minute. When I come to, I catch a glimpse of someone in the water. It's an elf, but not one of those that I saw gather in the clearing. I know what I must do instantly, and I turn to face the elves. Galadriel says, "Yes, go now and fulfill your destiny. Protect the Ring-bearer, who carries the fate of us all. You must not fail." Then they all disappear, and I realize that I'm holding a sword, and have a bow and quiver of arrows on my back. I'm also garbed in a tunic and hose, as well as a cloak much like the Fellowship's. I turn and walk out of the clearing towards the West, then my figure begins to fade, and I wake up.

Analyze that! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]