View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 06:36 PM   #2077
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Bom Tombadillo has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
. . . you giggle uncontrollably when you encounter a Tolkien reference in a book.
This is me. I laugh when I realize people outside of the Downs and my church (a veritable hotbed of Tolkien fans!) even know the books exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
. . . you have to enter fake names into the computer database and the first ones that come to mind are not common ones like 'Bob Jones' but rather LOTR names.
Also me. I had to create another user-thingamajig so Tech Support could get a program working on my computer (I forget exactly why) and I put in "Tom Bombadil."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior
You want to change mothers? Mine's really annoying. She'll start talking about some sort of Tolkien-esque thing and she doesn't even know what she's talking about. I'll say "Mum, that wasn't even in the book." and "You've never read about Tom Bombadil!" She does the same thing with Doctor Who...
Argh, I don't think I could bear that. My father knows next to nothing about Lord of the Rings (he though Gollum was a Golem - as in, animated clay) but he at least understands Who most of the time. I'd hate it if he were confused by BOTH of my favorite media . . .