View Single Post
Old 03-27-2004, 04:23 PM   #328
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe Game Owner's Heads-Up and Question

Earendil, check your PMs please, and very nice post.

Determined to head it off, I would like to make sure that if you post on the discussion thread, please have the purpose of your post be directed to our RPG; don't let the name, 'Discussion Thread' mislead you. Very interesting how three of our players are civil war reenactors. Have any of you by chance been to Gettysburg? I used to live there for about five years and am currently in Savannah. Big Civil War villages to be sure.

Now, Here is the next goal to our game:

Quote:
- The next battle, Avershire takes on two Lesser Ships at the same time. Most of Avershire's crew boards the Regal Dawn to escape their ship (which is sort of attached to the Regal Dawn by grapnels) as the Might of Realge sinks The North Wind. The grapnels are cut just in time and the Regal Dawn rights herself. The majority of Avershire's crew takes over the Regal Dawn and sends it after the Might of Realge to rescue the other members of Avershire's crew (who are overtaken by the corsairs of that ship). It is a hard fight, but the Regal Dawn eventually wins and the crewmembers who have survived the battles board her (both corsairs and Avershire's men).

(A life boat is launched at the last moment from the Might of Realge and speeds away without the know of Avershire to warn the Yonder Bound of the Regal Dawn's fate)

- Avershire takes a role call and finds that he now only has 30 souls to man an 85 crew ship. So he forces some of his corsair prisoners to join in the working of the sails and things of the sort while his men stand as guards or overseers.
I think we should rush through this rather quick with maybe a few short posts to cover it, because I would like to complete this RPG rather soon, Pio has been overly gracious to us for not giving us the boot swift and sure all ready! And the next little parts will certainly be more interesting anyways.

An honest question: Should I post what I had in mind for the rest of game now or would you rather me reveal it to you as we came upon it? I'm just wondering if it would be better to tie the game all together at once so we all have a good idea of what is to come and what we can do with our characters.

Bon, c'est tout.

-Maikafanawen