View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 02:40 AM   #21
Ivriniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Ivriniel has just left Hobbiton.
thank u for the replies

@Pitchwife

Yes, I think talk about Ringlore works better with terms such as "The Will of Galadriel was great, and her Fea that of the Line of the blending of the three kindreds of Elves and so, Nenya, Ring of Water was great to wield in her hands"....c.f. 'her fea+Ring threshold of power".....

I think ur technological metaphor though certainly is part of a two-fold method Sauron wielded.

@Belegon

Yes. I think the same. Preservation, and by a kind of unmarring of Middle Earth, or to extend what Celebrimbor must have discerned about Valinor through having, himself, probably seen a Silmaril (or two) in the War of Wrath. Certainly, coming from Feanor's line, who did somehow bring the Light of the Two Trees into the Silmarils, he must have been inspired in a way like his father was. He also made the Elessar (well, he 'did' in one of two renditions of the mythology). The Elessar was (apparently) generally, the progenitor to the Three in its preservation functions.

@Aiwendil

Hi there Aiwendil. I agree. I'm not sure it was disdain. Rather a move to a deeper or more personal mythology of his own, where he was initially more enamored of the classics.

@Mithadan

Hello Mithadan, great to see you I suspect you've tapped into something. The same 'process' of the imbuing of Silima with the Light of the Two Trees into the Silmarils is somehow a clue about Ringlore (at least Ringlore a-la Celebrimor o Eregion). And it has been my understanding that Lore of Artifacts in Middle Earth did require that a maker imbue an item with some of his/her essence. Melian, even in taking Elvish (kind of) 'body' an annexing Doriath imbued her power, with some irreversibility. I haven't looked up a quote, but I recall one. Likewise, Melkor in his various makings.

About Sauron's 'plot' as Annatar.....

@Morthoron

Hey there Mo_rhthoron great to see you here. Hope you have been well, and what must I write to get a blast (to make my day) hahaha kind regards....

I absolutely *love* the snippets of the Second Making with the breaking of the Earth by Morgoth after his return through the Doors of Night. And the spilling of the light of the Silmarils on Ezellohar.

Implications are that the light is indeed, as Mithadan states, something about Ea or Arda Unmarred, and linked to Eru in his Music.

Although Vilya is the Ring of Air (Elrond, and excuse my error upstream. I was expecting a Balrog Ski trip on the Ford of Bruinen, but with an (air) dinge hahaha) we have the author implying somehow that the Three had the Elements implicated.

@Zigur

Hello Zigur, great to see you also. Yes, makes sense. I have wondered much the same.

I've been wondering for a long time, if the innate vulnerability was perhaps, more about ....

Last edited by Ivriniel; 04-25-2016 at 02:45 AM.
Ivriniel is offline   Reply With Quote