View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 12:18 AM   #68
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Bunny's fun at the Inn was becoming steadily more unfunny. Hugo Gaffer appeared to be injured, even though he had said he was fine. Which worried Bunny a great deal. She was sure this would slow them down some degree, she was beginning to like Mira and the Gaffer, and Rudy seemed nice enough, but this was turning out to be a leisurely stroll through the Shire, not what she had intended. She was not going to let it get to her, she decided. There was still some fun to be had, before the day was done.

Bunny told the lasses a little joke her father had told her and couldn't help but laugh herself, at the reactions of the girls. But the fun was cut short as well as the laughter. Bunny turned and beheld Brown standing there, arms crossed looking stern. Bunny had not given her little plan a lot of thought. It was just a spur of the moment joke and now she had to come up with something so that Brown did not become cross with her, but not giving in. She wanted to assert a certain amount of dominance, but traveling with someone she had tricked did not in the long run seem like fun. Bunny was not usually one to cause so much trouble, but being away from her families watchful eyes made her feel free and slightly giddy.

Bunny reached up and smoothed her bushy hair, in an attempt to buy herself some time. She needed to think and think quickly.
"Oh Hello there Mister Brown!" Bunny smiled her biggest. She decided to just make it up as she went along.
"I must thank you Brown" Bunny jumped up and took Browns hand in hers.
"We little Lasses were just sooooo famished." As she said this Bunny put the back of her hand to her forehead and swooned slightly.
"I just thought you would have seen this and insisted on purchasing some fine vittles for us."

Bunny turned slightly towards the table of girls, as they stared back at her wide eyed and tried not to giggle.
"We really do appreciate it, Right Lasses?" Bunny threw them all a pleading look.
in chorus they all answered
"Oh yes!"
"So we must thank you again." Bunny smiled sweetly to Brown who just stood there looking confused. He shuffled his feet and looked down for just a moment.

Bunny reached into her pocket and cupped some coins in her hand. As Brown looked up, Bunny lunged at him giving him a large hug, all the while emptied her hand into Browns pocket. She pulled back and straightened her skirt. Brown looked surprised and flustered.

"Now I think if everyone has had their fill we should perhaps get ready to go? Why don't you go square up and see if Gaffer Hugo and Rudy are ready."
Bunny gave Brown a slight push towards Hugo and Rudy, he still looking slightly confused and obliged.
Bunny watched until Brown was gone and sat back into her chair with flop. She didn't think she needed to mention the money she had put in Brown's pocket, not just yet. She wanted to let them all think, at least for awhile that she had indeed tricked Brown into paying for their food and drinks.

"Glad that went well" Bunny laughed and finished off the last of her mug."Are you ladies ready to be off? Inn's are fun and all, but I think I should like to feel the road beneath my feet."