View Single Post
Old 05-17-2005, 03:17 AM   #220
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand Briefly back from the dead ...

Since I will be moderating the next game of Werewolf, it falls to me to make a final decision on the timing. My thoughts are set out below, and will be implemented for the next game unless there are any strong (and valid) objections.

Taking into account the comments made so far, I suggest that DAY lasts a minimum of 12 hours and a maximum of 24 hours. This should give the Villagers ample time in which to discuss their thoughts, make their accusations and cast their votes. I am going to introduce a “no retractions” rule. In other words, once you cast your vote, you cannot retract it and vote for someone else. This is partly to discourage hasty voting and prevent “tactical” votes which are then retracted, but it also means that, once enough votes have been cast to condemn someone (ie a clear majority), that person will be lynched no matter what. If 12 hours have not passed at this point, then discussion may continue up to the 12 hour mark (and any unused votes may be cast, although they will not affect the result). But, if a clear majority has been reached and the 12 hours is up, then there should be no further discussion until the next DAY. I will not always be able to post the “lynch” result straight away, so it will be up to the players to keep an eye on the time and make sure that they observe this rule.

If a clear majority has not been reached by the end of the full 24 hours, then the person with the most votes at that point will be lynched. Any vote that has not been cast by that stage will be lost for that day (although it will not count as a vote against the non-voter). Again, there should be no further discussion once the 24 hours is up, even if there is a delay before the “lynch” result is announced. In the event of a tie, we could either have two lynchings or no lynching. My preference is for the former, but I am open to persuasion on this point.

NIGHT will last a maximum of 12 hours. Any night-time activities (Werewolf attacks, Seer dreams and others to be announced) that are not notified during this period will not take place. But there will be no minimum period for NIGHT. So, if I receive all the necessary notifications before the 12 hours is up, I will post the result as soon as I am able. Once that is done, the next DAY will commence.

Does that make sense? If anyone has any major problems with this proposal, please speak now or for ever hold your peace.

As hinted at above, I will be introducing additional roles for the next game …