View Single Post
Old 06-25-2003, 05:54 PM   #14
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Snowdog's post

As Ränne finished helping with Dryea's beautiful hair, a smile spread across her face.

'You are ravishing Lady Dryea!'

Ränne said as the door to the chamber opened. The Lady Morthaniawen entered and Ränne stepped back behind Dryea and lowered her eyes. As the Lady motioned her dismissal, Ränne bowed slightly and said,

'I will be working in the kitchens seeing to the service of the reception if you require me m'lady.'

And with a nod she turned and left the room, letting the door close gently.

Ränne knew of the arrival of Finduilas to the City and the wedding of Steward Denethor. So to was she aware of the influence the Lady had and the aspirations for her daughter Dryea. Surely the coming of Finduilas was a threat to all that was hoped for in house Morthaniawen. As Ränne made her way to her chamber to dress, then through the halls to the kitchens. Bumping into Meirelle, Ränne said as she hurried by,

'You're late!'

Which drew a fading "I know!" as she disappeared around the corner. Ränne's skirts flurreyed about her feet as she passed a hall where much talk could be heard. The Lady Finduilas had arrived with her party, and Ränne herself was late in her duties. Having gained a position on the kitchen waitstaff, she went to fill elegant glasses with the finest in Anfalas and Befalas red and white wines. With a grace of movement, she started out about the main reception room where the Lords and Ladies were gathering and soon her tray was empty as hands helped themselves to the goblets. Ränne made her way through the gathering to set fresh-filled glasses upon her tray. She made it a point to get to where Lady Finduilas was with her entourage, and as Ränne handed her a goblet, their eyes met for a moment. Taking what she saw in them to note, she likewise served a woman with her with blue eyes, and again a smile passed from Ränne. She could see it would be a very long day on her feet, and evermore reading the intentions of the people gathered.

[ June 29, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]