View Single Post
Old 06-25-2003, 05:56 PM   #19
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

alaklondewen´s post

Pelien looped her right arm through her husband’s as they watched Denethor’s new bride enter the hall. As Finduilas crossed the floor, Pelien roughly squeezed Sador’s bicep. “What do you think?” He whispered. Her answer was a disparaging look accompanied by a raised eyebrow. “She’s nothing special,” she spat calmly.

Turning toward her daughter, Pelien touched the small of her back. “Stand up straight, Adrama,” she said shortly through her teeth. The girl immediately straightened her back and raised her chin. That should be Adrama, Pelien thought as she turned her attention back to Finduilas.

“Perhaps we should go greet her.” Pelien stepped forward and waited for her daughter to fall in line. Sador leaned forward and whispered, “Be nice, dear.” Pelien just grunted. She would not do or say anything that would cause an unpleasant scene. Snapping her head around, she shot a warning at Adrama to step forward, but the girl shook her head. That’s fine…I’ll go myself. Straightening her navy dress, she strode across the room still holding Sador’s arm toward Finduilas.

Several ladies surrounded the young woman, but Pelien paid them no attention and interrupted the talk by holding her hand out to Finduilas. “Welcome to Minas Tirith. I am Pelien and this is my husband, Sador.” Finduilas slowly reached out, took the woman’s hand, and said, “It is a pleasure to meet you, Madame and Sir.” Pelien put on a courtesy smile and looked the girl in the eyes. “I’m sure it is,” she said rather curtly then smiled warmly. “Please, if there is anything at all that you need…” she trailed off purposefully leaving the just ask off. Turning her back on Finduilas, Pelien walked away proudly.

[ June 29, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]