View Single Post
Old 01-26-2003, 05:40 PM   #265
Schmendrick
Wight

Schmendrick has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Durmán hesitated by the door. Just yesterday he had left the Inn, determined. He had already stayed there far too long, what had he been thinking? He had a quest that could not be abandoned. He had to find his brother, Endel.

So he had ridden the whole day under the burning sun, to the north, for it was the only direction he had not yet been to on his travels. Everything had been quiet, he hadn't met anyone, save some scary animals.

He had had time to think. And he had realized that he had been wrong after all. This was not the way to find his brother. Had he not searched for him in vain for years now, riding through the lonely woods, climbing the snowy mountains ? How could he think he could find him like this, with no advice from anyone?

It was time to forget about his pride, forget about the shame cast on his father's name. He had to speak with someone. He had to ask someone if they had seen his brother.

So he decided to return, once again, to the Inn. There were many men, certainly somebody might know something? But he knew what it was that he feared the most. That he would hear something he didn't want to.

So there he was now, by the door, still deep in thoughts. Who would he approach? What would he say? He clenched the silvery necklace that once had belonged to Endel in his hands and could feel his courage returning to him. He had to find him or at least, had to find out what had happened to him.

He opened the door and walked straigth to the counter. A tall, noble man with black hair and bright grey eyes. His clothes were dusty, but in his finger could be seen a ring with a figure of a swan carved to it.

"Could I have some water, please? I've come a long way..."