View Single Post
Old 01-26-2003, 06:39 PM   #267
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The Green Dragon. "At last", Vivi Boldger thought, as she saw the Inn appearing before her.

"Look Tom, Emma! The Inn! We can spend the night there!"
Vivi felt wonderfully relieved. Food, a bed, a roof over their heads-after two days in the wild, it seemed like hobbit heaven. No one answered. Sighing, she turned down to look at the two children trailing along side her looking hungry, cold , dirty and extremly miserable. They were only three years old, both of them.

"Mama?" the girl asked, sounding confused, her big, brown eyes staring at Vivi.

Vivi fouriously blinked back her tears.
"Mamaīs not here, Emma, Mamaīs..." she ended, what could she say? Mamaīs dead? Killed in a huge fire, like Tomīs parents, like your-and my- brothers and sisters, like our whole small community of holes just outside Frogmorton? How could a 3-year-old understand??

They reached the Inn. Vivi hauled Tom up and balanced him on her hip, drawing Emma closer to her side. She pulled back her curly brown hair and entered the Green Dragon.

The fantastic smell of ale, pieweed, food and warmth greeted her. She made her way to bar, greeting astonished looks from many people. A teenage girl with two small children- the poor, stupid hobbits, wondering their heads off. She reached the counter.

"Hello," she greeted the bar-tender. "I would like a room for us three please, for one night. And please bring us... a big jug of milk and some bread." The woman nodded. She didnīt even give her a questioning look, she just nodded.

Suddenly feeling extremly tired, Vivi and the two kids settled down at a table.

Was this ok? I never quite figured out the green dragon, I hope I entered the right way!

[ January 26, 2003: Message edited by: Manardariel ]