View Single Post
Old 05-03-2004, 02:00 PM   #119
Arestevana
Shade of Carn Dűm

Arestevana has just left Hobbiton.
“Of course you won’t be a bother!” Arestevana told Kitanna. “It will be delightful to talk.” At that moment Symestreem handed them a piece of paper. Scanning the paper quickly over Kitanna’s shoulder, Arestevana chose to answer the last question first. “I’m not sure if I can read lips,” she said. “But I am willing to give it a try.” She added, smiling.

Symestreem smiled back, then, noticing the band that had just begun to play, she pointed, mouthing: music! The trio hurried over to be closer to the band. As they walked, they discussed various things, and Arestevana responded to the other question Symestreem had posed: the one about the nature of her instrument. “It is called a dulcimer; it was made in Rohan by a minstrel of King Eomer.” She said. They had reached the edge of a crowd gathered around the band, and they listened in delight as the buoyant music made the air around them tremble.

When the music performance drew to a close, the crowd began to move to another part of the field, where a fireworks display had begun. Arestevana remained where she was, wondering what her new acquaintances would choose to do. It had been wonderful talking to them, and she was reluctant to part company just yet. Also, it seemed as if one of the others was about to speak. She turned to see who it was, listening attentively.