View Single Post
Old 10-29-2004, 07:28 AM   #55
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots A swoon too soon on the Reputation stakes

Quote:
Helen posted:
Do be careful, however, because there are those at The Downs who resist balrog-swooning on principle. I believe Bethberry tops the list. Do not incur her wrath, or she will pursue you from the depths of Moria to the peak of Zirak Zigil til she smites your ruin on the mountainside.
Now, now, now. Helen. I see you have contributed to the delinquency of someone as we now have a Roggie of Morgoth registered and online.

But you really must qualify your comments about my anti-swoon crusade. If the swooning is done with wit and cleverness and intelligence--in short, if it is done with the highest standards of Truth and Good Art--why, I don't see that it should lead us to the spiralling depths of darkness where we would be overrun with fangirls. It might even hold out some hopefulness that some fangirls might find some level on the path to Transcendence, depending on how well those (eye)lines are drawn.

EDIT (See, HI, I make my reason clear): The culprit has beaten me to the post. "But at my back, I always hear, the wings of HerenIstarion hurrying near." Apologies to Turambar and Rimbaud.

And those wings had best be repping again soon or Helen will become our top reputation giver.

Last edited by Bęthberry; 10-29-2004 at 07:35 AM.
Bęthberry is offline   Reply With Quote