View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004, 01:07 AM   #66
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
Quote:
Whereas our system allows for one or more members to make their votes, and thus their opinions, to count for more by virtue of "energetic" repping
That true as well. But 'energetic' repping brings people to have more reputing/rating power than they originally had. The more I raise somebody's point score, the more points they themselves can give out. After all, each little square counts for one point power (?). Per instance, when the whole system was launched, my power must have been some six or seven, merely cause I've been around for so long, and posted so much. Now it is twelve (?). People who used to rate with 2 points now give 7, 8 or even 9. In addition to one point for each year of membership, one for every thousand of posts and what with that fourth dimension called time, I believe system tends to average, given that participants do not slack too much.

Besides, again, it is not my fault . Do you suggest I or somebody who is equally 'energetic' stop rating cause some anonymous 'shy guys' do not rate as much? I can't issue a bill for them to 'start rating this instant!', but it would not work other way round either

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote