View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004, 03:11 AM   #68
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
I think the factor of representative voting should be considered as well. Almost every survey is taken to be accurate, though only a fraction of the population is asked for an opinion, since each vote counts for many others. Those who have stayed around here long enough to pack some punch with their rep giving are normally those who are familiar with the spirit of the Downs and have indeed contributed to it substantially - otherwise they wouldn't still be here! I consider their votes representative for others who do not give out points as often. I doubt that there would be much difference if every active member rated every post - but as in every democratic system, those who are dissatisfied need to speak up and be heard!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote